I need my acct. number. I received a phone call a short time…

Customer Question
I need my acct...

I need my acct. number

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I received a phone call a short time ago stating that my computer was no longer supported by Microsoft.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Under no circumstances do you want to allow whoever called you to sell you anything, or give them any personal information or allow them access to your computer.

Thats a scam call, for future any time a company calls you saying theres issues with your computer assume its a scam.

Before I make any suggestion or before we decide you are in the clear. Did you give them any money or allow them access to any of your info , or the computer?

And do you see any error messages or warnings on the computer itself?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P

Justanswer.com came on the line and reqd a 5.00 good faith amt. to be returned.
am I talking to Microsoft

We arent microsoft, this is Justanswer.com. We are a partner with microsoft and many of their support pages do feed to our site.

With that being said, Ive already detailed and outlined the situation with that phone call, I will repost it below but I need you to try and read over it and answer the questions I ask you, so I can continue to help you.

Thank you for your response,