I am using Google Form surveys in some of my consulting

Customer Question
I am using Google...

I am using Google Form surveys in some of my consulting work. As a part of the report, I must print and reproduce hard copies of the Summary of Responses. I tried the "new" version, and I like the fact that I can "hover" over the charts and graphs in the summary, but I need to be able to print. The hard copy is not readable, due to the fact the high number of responses hides the data unless I hover over a specific item. Is there a solution? OR, may I revert back to the "old" Google Form that does allow me to print the summary?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

I'm currently using a Macbook Pro. But I also have another that uses Windows 7. Should I take a look on it and see if it is different?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Hmmm...I guess I would also like to be able to make hard copies of the "paragraph" responses. I can scroll when looking online, but when I print, it only shows the portions that are visible without scrolling.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
9/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Thanks so much!
I'm not sure that you connecting to my device would help with this particular question about Google Forms.

This should do what you need to do

go to the Responses spreadsheet, click on FORM on the top menu, then click SHOW SUMMARY OF RESPONSES. This compiles your data into a meaningful format that you can print on paper or as PDF.

If that doesnt work, let me know

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P

I have tried that. It only prints what shows on the screen. My concern is that the detail on the charts and graphs only shows when I hover the mouse over that particular bar on the graph, etc. Just too many responses possibly. I can work with the "old" format for Google Drive. Can I revert back to the old one? I already have about 75 responses to my survey, which complicates reading the summary charts and paragraph responses.
Are you still there?

Im here..

I'm willing to have you do remote assistance, if you think it will really help!

Thats an automated offer, remote support shouldnt be necessary, but it could help. There is an extra expense for it. Im free to connect if you want to try.. Otherwise, im going to write up another suggestion for you.

Let's try the other suggestion first. Thanks!

Are you printing from directly online? or are you downloading the form to pdf or excel and then printing it?

Downloading it and then printing it may be best.

Hmmm...let me try that real quick. Give me a sec

Allright , let me know if you run into any issues.

Dustin S

Dustin exactly how do I download it to pdf? I have indeed been trying to print it directly from online.

The easiest way, would be to add this extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autocrat/ppgnklghfnlijoafjjkpoakpjjpdkgdj?hl=en-US

You can add that to the chrome browser. If you dont have chrome and dont want to install it, then you can always copy and paste the comment section into a document or excel sheet or pdf.

Okay thanks. ***** add the extension, what will it do for me in terms of the summary? I'm actually thinking that my problem is largely because of too many responses. It is hard to label a field that is only 3% on a pie graph or bar graph, especially when there are so many different responses. The pie graph looks like bicycle spokes.
The detail shows when I hover over each sliver of the pie, or tiny bar of a bar graph, but there may just be too much detail to ever print!

The extension will allow you to print a section as a PDF, and that should spread out the comments in a manner that should be able to print.

Okay I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help! Sorry, but I do have to leave now. Thanks again.

Understood, if you want to pick this up later youre welcome to respond.

Dustin S

I'm back. I downloaded Autocrat but am really confused. If I allow you to work with my presentation remotely, perhaps using Autocrat, would that work?

Ive sent an offer at a lower cost then remote support.. As I wont need to connect to your screen, merely edit the form and get it to download as pdf and make sure that its formatted properly to print.

Could share the form with me so I can work with it? Or do you want me to just connect to your machine?

I have already been charged $47. I thought it was $5.00.But I am okay with you connecting to my machine. I'd actually like to watch the process if it's okay. But if you think it would be more efficient for you to work separately, that's also fine. Thoughts?
Just tell me how to share, or if you want me to just have it on my screen.
Just checking to be sure I haven't lost you! I would like very much for you to work with the form.

We dont have to connect, and you wouldnt have to pay the additional fee if I guide you via written support. With that being said, im going to download and install that extension after my lunch break and see if I can write out a simple to follow guide. Do you have an old form or sample form you could send me to work with?

Dustin, I actually got in touch with another tech friend and he is able to help me. So I'm good. Thanks again. ***** need to though, I will reach out to you again!

Understood, since I wasnt able to help you resolve the issue, you may want to use the refund link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist