I spoke to Microsoft Support before, case #1399457371. They…

Customer Question
I spoke to Microsoft...

I spoke to Microsoft Support before, case #***** They took control of my laptop and downloaded an update and said if the problem (can't connect to my email through Outlook) to call back. The number they gave me is 1-***-***-****. It's a recording directing me to MS Pay Support. I don't want to have to pay for anything. Microsoft Windows 10 is your product and I want to speak to a rep who will fix it now.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

HP Laptop, running Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

The tech I spoke to an hour ago downloaded updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Updates were downloaded, computer was restarted and when I click the outlook symbol for mail it still tells me it can't reach the page

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 10 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assists.

1-***-***-**** is a Microsoft Customer Support. Just give them your case number ***** continue working on it.

1-***-***-**** is Microsoft Customer Service direct. You should discuss with them whether they will fix your issue free of charge or for a fee.

I already called that number, it's a recording and directs me to "get my problem fixed for a fee". I think this is highway robbery. This is a Microsoft problem why do I have to go to any outside group for the fix. I want another number to talk to a live customer support manager

If you PC is still under a warranty - you should talk to PC manufacturer , they will not charge for support

If your PC is no longer under support - then most of the support is fee based.

If calling Microsoft by number given is not working out for you, you can also try to open case from their support site: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

What is the issue with your Microsoft product? Maybe I can help?