Required to get Internet Explorer to upload insulin pump…

Customer Question
Required to get Internet...

Required to get Internet Explorer to upload insulin pump readings for my dr. Had IE on previous computer, now can't get it.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Duh, sorry. New is Dell Optiplex 9010, Windows 7 (had W7 before; had Dell Intel Pentium before)

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Tried to get IE but not work, uninstalled (spouse did, he not present now)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Now have all kinds of undesired Yahoo Support

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Internet Exporer is usually found on every Windows computer period. Its logo is a 'big blue E', that should be easy to spot.

Try clicking on Start button at lower left, then type this in:

internet explorer

and you ought to see the big blue E come up in the Start menu. Click on that, and you should open Internet Explorer.

IF that does not bring up Internet Explorer, then you can download I.E. version 11 for your Windows version, from this site:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17621/internet-explorer-downloads

and after downloading it, install it.

Failing that, try running Windows Update, also.

If you need more help, I can try remotely connecting to your computer - with your approval only - and see to getting a way worked out through this problem, for a small additional fee.

If you would rather not, then I can also instruct you toward a solution, somewhat more slowly.

Let me know what further help you need, unless this answers your question - in which case, please let me know.