A pop up came on my computer saying it's a critical alert…

Customer Question
A pop up came...

A pop up came on my computer saying it's a critical alert from Microsoft saying my computer has a virus. Error#268d3. They wanted me to call this # 1-***-***-****. When I didn't purchase the spy ware they are trying to sell me they disabled my computer. What can I do to get this of my computer.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

HP Elitebook846dp. I have Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No I don't believe so.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

These people are just trying to sell me spy ware. This happened to me and my sister before. That time when I told them I couldn't afford to buy what they were selling they unblocked but not this time. They said they can't unblock my computer unless I buy their spyware.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

This is a scam , your computer may be at risk due to any unwanted program , uninstall any unwanted program in your computer and scan it for viruses. If you want i can connect remotely and help.