The keyboard isnt working properly the shift key doesnt work…

The keyboard isnt working...

The keyboard isnt working properly the shift key doesnt work and even the onscreen keyboard isnt working properly its just doing symbols instead of numbers. The caps lock is working the wrong way. Its been dodgy since the windows 10 update its an lenovo z51 laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your lenovo?

Z51 -70 80k6

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your lenovo? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Its just over a year ago, when closed down and restarted sometimes sorts out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No the problem is random but shift keys never work sometimes the other keys

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Shut down the windows 10 computer, then start it, do not login or enter your password.

Instead, at the bottom right of the login screen left click the power icon, it will show a drop down list including restart, shut down, etc. Hold the shift key on your keyboard and while holding the key click restart.

The machine will restart and go into the advanced boot options.

Now, from the advanced boot options screen click troubleshoot, then click advanced, then click system restore.

Now, on the system restore screen select your windows username, enter your password. And then choose a system restore date that was before the problem started. Then click next. The system restore should proceed, and once the computer turns off and back on again test it and let me know the results.

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
I cannot type the numbers for my password *****'s only letting me type symbols !
I'm doing the support call on my phone though
I'm in UK also
What happens now as I'm messaging on my phone, not the laptop I'm having trouble with

I can only connect to the laptop, not your phone

Can the laptop get online?

If not, try manually following these steps

How do you connect to my laptop as I cannot type things properly which is why I used my phone for the support. The laptop can go online

Since i cant connect. Read these steps, and follow them on your laptop

Can I load this conversation on the laptop as you have sent the same instructions I cannot do
CAN YOU TRY TO CONNECT AGAIN< I HAVE THE CONVERSATION LOADED ON MY LAPTOP NOW