I bought office 365 and it is installed on my Mac. I can…

Customer Question
I bought office 365...

I bought office 365 and it is installed on my Mac. I can work in word and powerpoint for documents I create in my computer. However, when I try to work on documents from emails in Word or Powerpoint I get a message that I have not purchased the software. When I sign it the message tells me I need to purchase the software which I have already done. The code on the back of the personal subscription is 39N9V-7W4R4-QDT76-BQVFP-XTJ7V. Please help. I am exasperated by this.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

Mackbook Pro

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

When you try and use word or powerpoint from the files in the emails, did you try and download the email files first to your mac and then try and open them the normal way from out of the email.