It's my Samsung Gal 3, not my PC. I continue to receive and…

Customer Question
It's my Samsung Gal...

It's my Samsung Gal 3, not my PC. I continue to receive and send email messages via my pc but my phone seems frozen on 9/10/17 and does not forward any messages since then. Initially it would state that the account must be signed into? that has now stopped as well. HELP, what do you suggest?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Samsung? And what operating system are you running?

Galaxy 3 android?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I added Uber and Skype around the same time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how I can get my messages, etc. as I had been for years before 9/10.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

I'm just trying to access my current emails from my Samsung Galaxy 3. As of 9/10/17 no messages have been received. Conversely, I have been able to continuously see and send all my Hotmail correspondence from my PC. I generally had used both during the day. I'm not certain but I guess I use Outlook , I access my account on my PC through both Firefox and Internet Explorer

Ok, what is after the @sign on your email?

How did you add it to your phone?

Did you add it to the built in email or did you download the actual email program app and add it to the phone that way?

At this point I'd just like you to use your expertise to help me out.

How did you add it to your phone?

Sorry I don't have all the answers. my address is @Hotmail.com.
It was added when I made the deal for the phone through an ATT kiosk at Costcos several years ago. I had no problems all this time so I think it may involve the Skype account a friend added for me on 9/9 or 9/10

Okay, first lets test it. Go to a browser. Outlook.com. Enter your email name and password. Do NOT use autofill.

Add email/password ***** Tell me if you can log in successfully?

To be sure are you talking of doing this on my Samsung or PC

You can do that on a pc. Yes, it must be a web browser and you have to enter it manually. We are ruling out a password *****

to be sure, then we will focus on the phone after the results.

Okay. I'm apparently unable to do this. I should have mentioned that my son set up a new Outlook account on my phone so I would be able to access these messages, it's just not in the same format I have had and worked with for years. The icon for "E Mail on my phone still goes to my frozen hotmail account. The new Outlook icon that was installed goes to my hotmail account as well. I would like to figure out why and how to get back to utilizing the email icon account I have for years. Confusing or does that make sense?

On your phone, the outlook was added to the email client, and then your son put an outlook program

on your phone to get to the messages. You want that one gone and you want your regular email client

built into your phone to access the email again?

Please advise?

That would be fine. I'm not familiar with terms such as client etc. I guess that would have been what was initially set up. If so, I'd like that to be useable again. If that is possible, I don't imagine I would need the same info through an Outlook app as well, yes?

You should delete the app on your phone. There is no reason to have 2 email set ups for the same email.

Delete the outlook app ONLY. Not other mail apps. Just the with he downloaded.

1. Touch Apps. You can uninstall downloaded applications to free up space and memory on the Samsung Galaxy S III.
  2. Scroll to and touch Settings. ...
  3. Touch Applications manager. ...
  4. Touch the application you want to uninstall. ...
  5. Touch Uninstall. ...
  6. Touch OK. ...
  7. Touch OK.

Let me know when you are done.

Completed as described.

Ok, now we are going to remove your email 'account' not the email client.

1. From the home screen, tap Email. Note: If the shortcut has been removed, tap Applications then tap Email.
  2. Tap the Menu key.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Account settings.
  5. Tap the Trash icon.
  6. Tap to check the account to remove.
  7. Tap Delete.
  8. Tap OK.
Done.
Done

follow this, and add your email first. We may have to use another way for outlook though. If it is an exchange account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMOpFppljw4

It appears that did the trick. Thanks and I appreciate your patience during the process.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I am happy we got it resolved together. Please click the five stars to close this out for me to send this report to my

employers. Thank you.

Franklin