Yahoo did not al;ll;ow me to put in a new password as i had…

Customer Question
Yahoo did not al;ll;ow...

Yahoo did not al;ll;ow me to put in a new password ***** i had forgotten mine.now have lost all my contact info

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

No change in my user name ever

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just spam ware

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want my info back

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What recovery email are you trying to get back? is it attached to att, verizon, outlook etc?
How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

windows 7

NO

dont know just yahoo e mail on my desktop

Do you click an envelope on your desktop or do you access it in a web browser at yahoo.com, outlook.com etc?

Recovery will depend on how the email is 'accessed'.

just click on mail on yahoo

Did you use the forgot password ***** yet?

now they do not recognize y e ma
no
afraid to give anyone access to computer

I am asking for this reason. If you click on a mail icon on your computer, it means you have it in your email client on your

computer.

If you use a browser like firefox, chrome etc, the password ***** be 'stored' in there if you just open a browser and click on mail.

If we can determine what browser, we can find a path for you to 'reveal' that password.

You are seeing automated remote support. If you dont want it, the system kicks it to everyone. Just ignore.

they would not let me,said my user name was not recognized

computer.

have had only one user name formore than 4 years

I need to know if you use a browser to access your email. If so, which one?

What browser are you using? firefox/chrome/safari/internet explorer/edge?

Dark blue e is for edge on the taskbar. Light blue e is internet explorer on 10.

Firefox is a blue globe with an orange fox on it and Chrome is a red/green/yellow/blue circle.

just want my contacts back

I cannot help you if you do not answer the questions i ask.

internet explorer

Click on Start and type in credential manager to open the program.You’ll notice there are two categories: Web Credentials and Windows Credentials.

The web credentials will have any passwords from sites that you saved while browsing in Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. Click on the down arrow and then click on the Show link.

You’ll have to type in your Windows password ***** order to decrypt the password.

Follow this guide. If it is just you clicking mail, that means that password ***** ***** somewhere in your pc.

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/find-hidden-saved-passwords-windows/