I purchased Office 360 and attempted to install last Friday.

Customer Question
I purchased Office 360...

I purchased Office 360 and attempted to install last Friday. Unable to install and message came up on screen message error MO--------. I called 1-***-***-****. I was told by VSupport that due to problems with my IP# ***** was unable to download and my computer has 400 +Trojans and need cleaned up. I paid for clean up and installation of the product in addition to Webroot for security protetction. I have been told I have been scammed. Can you verify.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

HP laptop, 17 inches, purchased at Walmart approx. 30 days ago, but just started up last Wednesday.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Only what VSupport did Friday morning, there were no updates done by myself. I have not had the computer back on. I am on another computer now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to know if this was a scam so I can contact my credit card company.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 10 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

This is a scam, do not call them if they have a phone number showing on the screen.
Close out of the window if you can, try pressing alt F4 at the same time.
Then download and run a Malwarebytes scan here; http://www.malwarebytes.com
Then run this cleanup program; https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsR9VzitHjdKgsIOYZGwh2j-0CkcUw

hecking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.