Is windows suhting down, aspire m, i just got a call telling…

Customer Question
Is windows suhting down ...

Is windows suhting down

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

Aspire m

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I just got a call telling me that windows is shuting down

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Call me at(###) ###-####

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. No, Windows is not shutting down. That was a fake phone call. It is a scam, so please do not follow any instruction from them. Microsoft is not shutting down Windows. Also, Microsoft and any legitimate company would never call you automatically for any computer issue. Whenever you have a computer issue, you would need to contact a support company yourself first. As long as your computer is currently working, then you are fine. Please always ignore any phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

For more information about this kind of scams, please click on the website below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Do you need help with any other computer question / issue today?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,