I have Tree Maker II and III and I cannot get on the

Customer Question
I have Tree Maker...

I have Tree Maker II and III and I cannot get on the internet when either program is open. I have internet connection for everything else.

Technician's Assistant: Have you done a bandwidth test?

No, is that in preferences? if so what should the bandwidth be

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

NO

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really, get me on the internet and I will be a happy camper

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

I cannot seem to generate a user ID or a password ***** satisfies you. I for some reason can not open my e-mail while I am on line with you.

may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

I do not wish to go to the $39 help until I can not solve the problem at the first level
I am not comfortable with how quickly I seem to have gone from the 5$ level of support to $39.

To be clear, there isnt a 5$ level of support, 5$ is a deposit and the initial charge this time is 47$ total ( 42$ if you include the 5$ deposit )

With that being said, if you want to proceed via written support then you will need to follow the steps on this page.

https://support.mackiev.com/284146-Troubleshooting-Connectivity-Issues-in-Family-Tree-Maker

It could be something as simple as the device being in offline mode.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

Please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you, without a 5 star rating submitted I am unpaid and unaccredited for my time and expertise.

Thank you,
Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P

I will try later.

Allright, if you get stuck later then dont hesitate to reply. Otherwise, if all goes well please dont forget to return and click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Dustin S

I havent heard back from you in a while, if my suggestions helped you please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

If you still need help, dont hesitate to respond and I will continue to assist you.

If you no longer need help and my suggestions didnt help you, then let me know and Ill send you the refund link.

Thank you for your response,