MX922 was working went off, changed power supply, now gives…

Customer Question
Second opinion] MX922 was...

Second opinion] MX922 was working went off, changed power supply, now gives me code B200?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

MX922 when I hook it to the electricity gives me support code B200

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC don't know the OS.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was printing and it just went off, I call for solutions and they told me it was the power supply I got it installed it and bingo B200

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No They just did that before and the experience was really bad, after waiting for almost 45 minutes no answer is any other way to solve this problem?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this B200 error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2013 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

This answer doesn't resolve anything for me, it is an opinion and not a technical solution, if you are in a highway with a problem with your car and you receive an answer similar to this one, will you consider your problem solved or are you on square one?

I certainly understand your perspective, but this is a diagnosis of a specific error code. It is resolvable if you wish to do so, by replacing the printhead as a first step. I can help you with parts if you would like. I was giving my expert opinion that it is not worth fixing though, based on the age. This is a completely normal failure and virtually an inevitable fault that will happen to all canon printers after a few years, that is simply how they are designed. There is no quick button press type solution to this as it is a hardware failure.

Tech Support Specialist: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

no I don't and I don't want any other contact with you or your company you got your money and I didn't get anything still on square one, your "satisfaction guaranteed" is a good joke.
Andy, Computer Consultant