ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a computer technician.
56108293

Just got message to go to 7networkserverdashcrush55.tk/ket/

just got message to go to 7networkserverdashcrush55.tk/ket/ because of a trojan detetion. Is this a valid microsoft site?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: non-technical person here. All I know is it is a Dell that is several years old. The OS...I can say it's not the new touch screen one.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes...MalWare sent me message earlier in day saying they had an update. But I got the message after doing a google search for Navy Bean Soup recipe and clicked on what looked like a valid foodnetwork.com site.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: With my limited knowledge, guess not. Sorry I'm 72 and not savy on this tech stuff.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you with this!

This message is NOT legitimate. This is a scam that is going around right now where you will encounter a message saying that your computer has been hacked or you have a virus or something along those lines and that you need to go to a website or call a number. The whole thing just a ploy to either installed malware on your computer or to get money from you.

Sometimes these messages will claim to be Microsoft, but this is always a lie. Microsoft has released a statement saying they never contact customers directly about computer issues and that all contact must first be initiated by the customer.

If you receive these messages in the future, simply close them out.

If it won't let you close it out, then you can just hold down the power button on your computer for 5 to 10 seconds to do a hard shutdown. Once you restart your computer the message should be gone.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.