I need to add a second monitor to my inspiron one 2020.

Customer Question
I need to add...

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2013, just not sure how i would hook the additional monitor to the unit

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 10 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Do you wish to connect a VGA monitor or a HDMI monitor to the computer?

Please let me know

the monitor on her old computer is vga. how can i connect using either method?
the monitor she wants to add is a HP W2082a. her dell has not been set up as yet
just need to know if this can be done. what would i need to purchase to connect the two. the second monitor would be to display a mirror image of the pc

Thanks

For VGA you will use this adapter, it plugs into the USB port on the computer, and allows you to connect it to a screen

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Graphics-Multiple-1920x1080-Chromebooks/dp/B004D0QC0A

If it is for a HDMI monitor then you will use this adapter instead

https://www.amazon.com/USB-HDMI-720p-Adapter-Audio/dp/B003K72WJW

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you