Just purchased a HP Envy laptop computer and a My Passport…

Customer Question
Just purchased a HP...

Just purchased a HP Envy laptop computer and a My Passport at Best Buy and want to backup data for safe keeping. Need instructions!

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Model # 1kt17ua and Windows 10 operating system

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I think so but I'm not sure of the details. I bought this computer on 9/21/2017 so I haven't had the opportunity to download a whole lot.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 10 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Please Connect your external hard drive (My Passport) to an available USB port on your computer.

Right-click on the source file (photos, videos etc..) or folder you want to save and choose copy from the menu. The file or folder is now ready to be transferred. Now Go to "This PC" and double click on your external hard drive, now right click in the windows and choose paste.

Let me know if you need more help

Thank you

Has everything worked out please?