I cant open c drive. Hp all in one

Customer Question
I cant open c...

I cant open c drive

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Hp all in one

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 10 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

What exactly happens when you try to open C drive?

Please let me know

c drive not accesible access is denied

Which version of windows are you using?

windows 10

ok, than do the following please

Click start, type in CMD and right click on command prompt and select run as administrator

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then tell me if it functions correctly please