My mother Cullen has a gmail mail account for her email. She…

Customer Question
Hi my mother Judy...

Hi my mother Judy Cullen has a gmail mail account for her email.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

She recently had a stroke, she cannot remember her password ***** answers to the security questions. I was on the google site yesterday for 2 hours with her and could not recover her password. her account is offlin and now she cannot receive any emails. We need to fis this problem ASAP

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Is it possible for me to give you my email address as a recovery? Then the code can be sent to me. She no longer has her cell phone, she doesn't know the date she signed up or the alternate email I was on the phone with apple tech support yesterday fixing an issue and he noticed her email was offline and when we clicked on it google asked for a password ***** thats where we ran into trouble!!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes I think apple may have updated her MAC computer What do we do?? My email is***@******.***. I am her daughter

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
9/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 8 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

What exactly happened when you tried to reset the password ***** the account?

Please let me know

Hi Richard, my mother recently had a stroke. When I was on the phone with Apple on her computer yesterday we noticed her email, Gmail account was off-line when we clicked on it it asked for a password. She does not remember her password ***** any of the answers to the security questions.
Know if you could just send the recovery code to my email address Kelly.Cullen***@******.***. I can easily reset her password. We don't want to pay $40 to have you go in I know how to do this. I'm surprised Google support team doesn't do a complementary support this should be quite easy
The first sentence should be NO not Know. Sorry I'm trying to do this from my cell phone. We are completely frustrated it's hard because my mother can't remember

When she made the account, did she specify a cell phone or recovery email addrress to use for gaining access?

I'm sure she set up a cell phone, and answered all the questions. Her cell phone has been canceled and she no longer has it. She does not know the month and date you signed up. She does not remember they were cover email address you provided. So we cannot answer any of the security questions. This is the reason for my contact with Google. Can you please please send the recovery code to my email address Kelly.Cullen***@******.*** or send it to my cell phone(###) ###-####

there is no way to just send a recovery code, if there was there would be no point at all to having passwords and anyone could access anyone elses account this way..

your only option is to use this form now

https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2

Fill it in providing a email address where you can be contacted on and allow up to 72 hours for a response.

They will either reject it or not respond in which you will not be able to gain access, or they will ask for more proof of id in order to try to manually verify you.

If they do reject it or do not respond within the 72 hours then you will need to create a new account sorry.

It is critical you always keep your recovery information up to date to avoid such a situation as this

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I just want to confirm that I should get a five dollar refund and not be charged $42 you do not have my permission to charge my card. Kelly Cullen
This should be free tech-support and you were not able to help me or answer my questions
I am extremely extremely upset because there are two charges pending on my bank account one for five dollars and one for $42 please make sure those are canceled voided whatever you need to do but my charge card should not be charged

ok, well it is not a free service.. it is my livliehood, and I did answerr your question but now if after receiving the instructions you need to do, you wish to avoid paying for the service received, then do not do a rating, but use this link below to get a refund

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

This will ensure you can avoid paying for the service you received.

Richard, Computer Specialist