Forgot password and can not get into laptop. I have not been…

Customer Question
Forgot password ***** can...

Forgot password ***** can not get into laptop

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I have not been able to reset because the system says I have not answered enough correct questions.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Look I need to get into my computer and I am tired of answering a bunch of questions

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to get into my computer

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 10 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me which version of windows you are using?

Thank you

10

Thank you

Above the password ***** you will see your username and usually an email address.

Do you see the email address? If so what is it?

i am on another computer now because i cant get into the one i need, so how can you do that

the only thing above the password ***** is my name

Ok, you have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.

1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option, on the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.

2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.

3) This is the most complex solution, but it will mean you will not lose your data or programs and can do this yourself

Download Hiren’s Boot CD

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

2. Once downloaded Burn it onto Disc

3. Insert Hiren’s Boot CD

4. When your computer powered on check the boot-screen for setup key (Delete key, F8, and F2 key) to enter bios panel.

5. Your Bios settings will be opened. Select boot tab to go boot menu settings.

6. Enter on the first boot CD/DVD drive & save settings apply and exit bios setup.

7. In the re-start process you will see a message “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD….” Enter any Key on your key board.

8. When your system boot with Hiren’s Boot CD so please select Mini Windows XP and Press Enter.

9. Select the Mini Windows XP Option. It will not install XP in your system. It’s just running live.

10. Now Double click on the HBCD Menu Option.

11. Click on the Programs in the Hirens Boot CD program launcher menu then go to Password/Keys > Windows Login > then Select the NTPWEdit “Reset XP/Vista /7 User password” option.

12. It will open the NTPWEdit wizard.

13. Now click on the Reopen option. It will show you the available users. Select your user and click on the Reset password *****

14. Click on change password *****

15. Put new password & click ok

16. Now click on save button

17. Eject Hiren’s Boot CD from CD/DVD drive.

18. Reboot system.

I can do this last step on your computer as an additional service if you wish or you can purchase the key to do this here

https://www.amazon.com/Recovery-Password-Better-Windows-Versions-7/dp/B01BO6604S

Else let me know how you go please

why can i not get Microsoft to reset my password

Did you see my last message? Where you able to read through it?

Please let me know

I see it, all of them are to time consuming. Why have I not been able to get Microsoft to reset my password ***** answering the sercurity questions

Because you are using a local account, if it was an online account then we could do it online but you choose to make a local account instead.

The first stop, reinstall windows is the quickest but then you lose your data, or purchasing the windows reset tool and then it is just plug it in and reset the password.

I don't understand what you me local account

ok, you replied "I don't understand what you me local account"

I do not know what you mean there... but the instuctions I gave clearly list out the options and steps you have to take.. can you please go through and read through them?

can you do it remotely

yes, that is what I offered in my instructions

Please accept the request I made.

Hi there

Do you wish for me to still do it remotley?