Having tyrouble setting up a account for my htc m8 phone.

Customer Question
Having tyrouble setting up...

Having tyrouble setting up a account for my htc m8 phone

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

Cannot get anyone

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Have tried to set up account with email they said to check my email but no messages have come through

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What account are you trying to set up? A new one? Existing one?

What email are you trying to use?

new

did you set up the email on another computer or device or are you trying from the phone?

The email account you are setting up, what is after the @ sign and how are you trying to add it to the phone?

have a new htc m8 phone with windows 8 tried set set up account failed
trying from phone

I understand that, but what are you trying to add?

What is after the @sign? Gmail? Outlook? Yahoo etc?

And are you adding it to the email client built in or did you download the actual email client to your phone for your

email type?

first tried wiktel.com, then tried @ outlook.com
I have an account on my pc tried that one they said it was alread used, I know I own it

Ok, do you already have the email created?

I do not advise doing this from a phone. It is difficult as they options dont always show desktop mode.

If it is an email you are creating, and not made already, you want to make it on another device, then we can add it to the phone.

If it already exists and already up and running/has been for awhile already, what is after the @sign and how do you access it?

through my email through my provider
what is wiktel.com
my email is***@******.***

Ok, now do you have that attached to your outlook to log in?

What exact email url do you use to log into it?

Microsoft tech support said they were going to send access code , never received one

let me see if you are showing in outlook.

Yes, it is requesting a password ***** your outlook with that email.

go to outlook.com on a computer and log in with your email and password ***** created.

Tell me if you are successful.

Do not use outlook. Go to outlook.com and put in your email the way it is w9ith wiktel.com

then follow the steps there and tell me if you are successful. Then we will add that email to your phone.

they said they will send a code to***@******.***, nothing

Hit resend code option at the bottom. Go to your other email and check all filter/folders/spam/trash/junk etc.

nothing

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support?

Thank you for your response,
~Franklin

waiting for email verification

Ok, let me know. Outlook tends to be a little slower on the draw with email sometimes.

Give it a few minutes before you try another code request or it will keep canceling them out.

ok

Was there a verification yet?

no

Ok, i cannot see what you have in front of you. I can open this up for another expert written if you would like?

Please advise?

they seem to be dragging their feet to help, really disappointed in Microsoft

That is actually highly unusual. Within 20 minutes if not a few, it usually sends the code right away.

Can you send yourself a test email to your normal email and see if it is coming in correctly, on time etc?

your are coming through fine

Ok, i will open this up for another expert to review written.

Please standby.

ty
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi

How are you