My system stopped responding t5o my keyboard at boot. Lenovo…

Customer Question
My system stopped responding...

My system stopped responding t5o my keyboard at boot

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?

Lenovo Y900 desktop

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes Windows pro 64bit

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

When i boot how i go to bios

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Does external devices/mouse work?

Windows 10 pro 64bit

Does external devices/mouse work?

no

Have you tried another keyboard with it?

The first thing I would do is make sure you have all the latest Windows Updates, and then go to http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/, click on Detect to allow it to find your computer model etc., and then select Update your system from the right pane to ensure that you have all of the latest drivers.

Try to update the drivers there. We may need to take them out and then readd them.

Then reboot your system and try again.

when i turn on the computer an the start window come up the keyboard and mouse stop working

When did this start exactly?

today
can you tell me how to go into my bios to make my dvd boot fiirst

Do you have an actual restore disk already?

1. Log out of Windows and go to the sign in screen.
  2. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen. Continue to hold down the Shift key while clicking Restart.
  3. Hold down the Shift key, the computer will open a bluescreen with the options to continue
  4. Click Troubleshoot --> Advanced options --> UEFI Firmware Settings --> Restart. You will enter BIOS setup utility interface.

https://support.lenovo.com/co/en/solutions/ht500217

This is for lenovo desktop version.

Tell me if you can get that menu.

If you cannot, try this first with those instructions

we need to do this special trick to force a repair screen.

Start the computer, then immediately press and hold power to shut it down.

repeat that 4 times, and then the last time when you start the computer do not press and hold power.

It should go to a blue screen menu.

when boy up system keyboard lockup

Can you try another keyboard and usb port?

You may have to reload the drivers on the pc and try to boot to a usb if possible.

Where you able to get into the bios set up like this