Someone said my computer was hacked and they want to fix it.

Someone said my computer...

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

How do i get that info

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I am not sure. The person that I spoke to at(###) ###-####said i was hacked and to install a fire wall is $249 for one year.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

They said my ip address is on 7 other computers.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Shefin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

It is a SCAM!!! Microsoft does not do that nor do they have partners who do that nor do they hire sub-contractors or people or even get volunteers to do that. Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

Cybercriminals often use publicly available phone directories, so they might know your name and other personal information when they call you. They might even guess what operating system you're using.

Once they've gained your trust, they might ask for your user name and password ***** ask you to go to a legitimate website (such as www.ammyy.com) to install software that will let them access your computer to fix it. Once you do this, your computer and your personal information are vulnerable.

Check the link below for more information.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Shefin, Computer Support Specialist