I prepared a document using a read-only version and I

Customer Question
I prepared a document...

I prepared a document using a read-only version and I learned that saving a read-only document is nearly impossible, however I had finalized the document, how do I retrieve.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

HP Pavilion x360

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your hp? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased 6 months ago. Went to auto retrieve,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The work was performed late last night and early this morning. I have been able to retrieve a small portion but the work performed last night and this morning, when I completed the work. There was an effort to save in documents, but I did not realize I was typing in a read only document prior to saving the final copy.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. In future, if you accidentally start making changed in a read-only document, please select all and then copy (by clicking edit, select all, and copy from the menu at the top). Next, open a new blank document, click inside the document, then click it and press edit, then paste). You can then save the document with a slightly different name, perhaps adding REV and a number at the end to distinguish it from the original document. Unfortunately, you should have done this as soon as you realized that you were working with a read-only document. There is not much that you can do at this point. I realize that this is not what you hoping to hear but it is an honest and accurate answer. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Of course, I had already realize that this was a hard task, I was hopeful that a technician could solve the problem. I want to exit out of the program. How is that accomplished?
I can only pay the $5 dollar fee due to the inability to solve the problem. What should be done to accomplish this objective?
Customer service rep. to contact?

Generally speaking, the best way to exit out of a program on a MAC is to click on the menu bar at the top and then click on the name of the program (to the right of the Apple icon at the top left of the screen) Next, select Quit [program name] at the very bottom of the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can use Command-Q to close the program, as an alternative.

You can contact Customer Support via email at *****@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help. Have a nice day!