I foolishly clicked on the scam Windows 10 update. After the…

I foolishly clicked on...

I foolishly clicked on the scam Windows 10 update. After the update completed the screen came up with the large letters that I was protected against the world. I became suspicious and turned my laptop off. I restarted it. Everything came up normally. I turned off internet connections. I ran Malwarebytes - nothing found. I ran Norton Internet Security - only 13 tracking cookies found. Am I still vulnerable?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

Sony Vaio ... looking up model number. Just happened this afternoon

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes earlier today .. before the scam update

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Martin, Network Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

What makes you think the Windows update was a scam, did it look unusual?

Regards,

It was a pop up which I found out Windows does not do and Microsoft does not display messages in large letters after an update

Where did it show up, in your browser?

Martin, Network Engineer

Thank you. From your computer click the following link:

https://xxzz.screenconnect.com/?Session=41e4b6e4-1a7b-44e5-871a-f10e9d9aff9f

Then click Join your session -->

And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client

Once you've done that, minimize this browser window and look for a smaller box on the desktop then click Run.

Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.

paid

Thank you, ***** ***** steps above so we can connect

Sending this message from iPad NOT my laptop

Ok, I will give you instructions for the laptop

From the laptop, open the following page:

https://xxzz.screenconnect.com

It will ask you for a code, the code is: 7662

It is asking me about a free trial

Try again, you may have typed the URL incorrectly

Did you let anyone connect to your computer and control it remotely?

No just you

Connected!

If you have any problems or would like any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you need anymore assistance in future, you can request me directly using this link:

http://expertmartin.com

Thank you