Can’t establish a connection to the server at

Customer Question
Can’t establish a connection...

Can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8129

Technician's Assistant: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?

I don't know how

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased about 4 months ago. I have tried disabling my firewall, I tried Firefox, Chrome and IE

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

?

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

I don't know what I don't know.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

several months

What application is this for?

Snapstream BeyondTV

Can you give me the serial number of it please?

Serial number of what?

Thre system drive?

S3EWNX0J502500

Can I connect to your pc and troubleshoot it please?

No.

Would you like to try the steps manually?

Ok great. Please send me a screenshot of the errror

Yes please

Screen shot was attached to last message.

It did not attach, can you use https://imgur.com that is an alternative method to use

Thanks

Kris

There is something wrong at your end as I see the attachment on this page. I have uploaded the screen shot to the location you requested and named it Screen Shot.

Okay let me opt out for another expert to assist you.

You will be emailed once they reply.

Regards

Kris

Tech Support Specialist: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 10 months ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi, I noticed you are having trouble connecting to a server. You state you would like to ping the server. Do you have the IP address of the server which you are trying to connect to?

can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8129
 replied 10 months ago

Ok, lets do this. Is the server connected to your network or is it outside of your network?

replied 10 months ago

How do you typically connect to this server, have you done it before?

I have used it at least twice a week in the past.in conjunction with BeyondTV and setting up recordings of TV shows.
 replied 10 months ago

I see, how do you typically connect to it? Do you connect to it from your computer?

There is a shortcut to connect to it. http://localhost:8129/
 replied 10 months ago

Can I offer premium service and remote into your machine to better assist you?

No. That is never going to happen. It has been a whole day and not one of you have offered a single suggestion to resolve my issue.