I filmed a 2 minute video on a HP computer. It is mp4 and is…

I filmed a 2 minute...
I filmed a 2 minute video on a HP computer. It is mp4 and is 118mb. I have to attach it to a file which only accepts 10mb files. How can I do this? I've tried online converters but it does not reduce it far enough. Also it is not clear what to transfer it to, to create a significantly smaller size.
9/24/2017
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

It is not going to be possible to make your video that small and still viewable. You will need to find another way to share it. How are you trying to send the file? Email?

Hi Ricky Thanks for your response. I have to attached the video to an online application form. J
Hi I do not have to send it yet, I am waiting for another document before I can send it. I need to go online and complete the whole operation at the one time.

Does the application have a limit on file size because they don't want to accept long videos? If not, are you able to send it via email instead? There is a service called WeTransfer that allows you to attach files up to 2gb and send them in an email.

Another way you could do it is upload it as an unlisted video to YouTube, and give the YouTube link in the application.

Hi I'm not sure about the email. I can ask if there are other options. I've tried several different people about this. Before I thought I was just not asking the right people but now I realise it is not possible to do what I want. I will try these options. The youtube sounds like it would be the best option. Thanks J

You're welcome. If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!

Ricky Expert