Ricky Kresslein
Ricky Kresslein, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  3+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

Last week a Windows 10 update, KB4038788, caused big

Second opinion] Last week a Windows 10 update, KB4038788, caused big problems with my computer. I got a black screen and couldn't get into Windows. At that time it was not a known issue, but it is now. I even created a restore point when I saw that Windows was going to update when I restarted the computer, but even though I restored to the point before the update, I couldn't stop the update from coming in, and the problem recurred. I have a contract with my new HP AIO computer, and a technician uninstalled the update and changed settings so that they don't come into my computer. Unfortunately, there a some things that Iam noticing (such as font size on desktop icons, inability to install a MS Solitaire app eve?n though the website says I own it and a nagging screen telling me it did not install. The agent remove the nagging popup.) I am told that next month there will be another update for Windows 10. I don't know what to do. I have little problems without the update, which they supposedly corrected, but who knows? If I let them come in, I may get the black screen or other problems. What should I do?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I recommend you install the latest updates and trust that Microsoft fixed the issue. Since this was a known issue, Microsoft would have already solved the problem and put out further updates to fix it. Many problems with compatibility can arise by not updating a machine, such as the problem you are having with Solitaire.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!