Had a hard drive problem. IT guy moved all of my software to…

Customer Question
Had a hard drive...

Had a hard drive problem. IT guy moved all of my software to new hard drive. When I went to Excel to do some work, I received an error message that said I have to activate the software. I tried to activate and received a message that I needed to update to 2013 Office. I have Office 2010 on my desktop computer. It there someway to fix the problem so that I can continue to use 2010? Thanks Mike

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?

I am using 2010 Office Professional. I have a dell desktop computer.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No. The repairman return my computer with the new hard drive installed and all of my data loaded on the new HD.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't believe it is a computer problem. It is the link to re-activate the software that seems to be the problem.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/23/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris