It will not run and thinks it has Win 7 as the OS when it…

Customer Question
It will not run...

It will not run and thinks it has Win 7 as the OS when it actually has Win 10

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

I have had it from new

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your computer?

It is self built

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was last upgraded about 4 years ago I have tried all mothods of troubleshooting I can think of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I could go on for some time but in the main I am at the stage where when I boot it it goes into the Windows Boot screen, where it asks for the original windows installation disc which I don't have as my win 10 wasafree downloaded upgrade when 10 was bgeing launched

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/23/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Can you share the snap of boot screen here?