Just downloaded new gold aol where is the buddylist? Just…

Customer Question
Just downloaded new gold...

Just downloaded new gold aol where is the buddylist?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?

Just now after downloading the new aol gold

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Hp comp not sure of system got the comp in 2012

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your hp? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased in 2012

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just what happend to my buddylist

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/23/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert replied 11 months ago
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** and I am a tech expert with 17 years of experience.

There are several possible causes for the Buddy List feature not coming up while on the AOL service. After trying each solution, check to see if it resolved your issue. If it did not, please try the next solution listed.

A. Verify you can access Web pages then go to AOL Keyword: Buddyview
1. Type WWW.AOL.COM into the Address bar of your Web browser, then press the ENTER key on your keyboard. If you see the AOL homepage appear, then you are able to access the Internet. If the page doesn't load, then go to Section B.
2. Go to AOL Keyword: Buddyview to determine if the Buddy List loads properly.

B. Download and run WebUtil
1. Go to AOL Keyword: WebUtil.
2. Read the directions provided, then click the DOWNLOAD NOW button. The utility will automatically install.
3. Click the OK button when complete.
4. Restart your computer to allow all setting to take effect.
5. Sign on to the AOL service and verify you can browse the Web and that your Buddy List appears.

C. Clear the AOL Artwork Database
The AOL software stores online graphics on your computer to speed the loading of AOL pages. Over time, unneeded graphics from pages you no longer visit or pages that have changed can fill up your artwork database, reducing efficiency. The files can even become damaged and cause more serious errors. By reducing and then resetting the size of the artwork database, new graphics can be stored to speed loading again.

1. On the AOL toolbar, click the SETTINGS icon.
2. Click the INDEX tab.
3. Click the PERSONAL STORAGE SETTINGS link.
4. Set the 'Maximum disk space to use for online art' to the lowest possible setting, then click SAVE.
5. Click the X on the upper right of the Settings window.
6. Close AOL.
7. Sign on to the AOL service and repeat the previous steps, but change the 'Maximum disk space to use for online art' to its original setting (but not more than 60 megabytes), then click the SAVE button.
8. Click the X in the upper right to close the Settings window.

Please let me know if it worked or if you need further help by typing in the box below, then clicking on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Did you give it a try yet?