Why do I get someone elses text and emails on my straight…

Customer Question
Why do I get...

Why do I get someone elses text and emails on my straight talk phone

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

I have gmail but the one that wasnt mine was hotmail

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No and the email came in the day I cancelled the number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I had been getting other peoples text before the email

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you getting these inside of your email or are they just showing up on your phones notifications?

What is the make and model of your phone?

How do you access the email on your phone?

I dont have it anymore, its actually caused me a lot of trouble because my wife saw the email and thinks its mine. I had been getting someone elses text and the day I cancelled it this email shows up. My wife says impossible it has to be mine but its not I just need someone to tell her it is possible
I have gmail and this was hotmail

Of course this may be possible for many different reasons.

Example, one client had emails coming to her from another server and it was an actual dmv

that people were reading wrong on the website and it filtered to her email continually.

We had to go in and block that email to stop it for good, and even ended up making her a new account.

Please advise.

If I had a gift card and bought something and used the phones internet could the gift card get linked to this email somehow

All giftcards are usually linked when you purchase/register or activate them as they usually require an email, so yes. This is possible as well.

Thanks that was a huge help Isaac

Would you like anymore information on this or how to block an email in your own email so this doesnt happen again?

You can block or use these filter settings here:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8151?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

could you rate to close out for me unless you need anything further?