My computer crashed earlier this week and Dell is getting it…

Customer Question
My computer crashed earlier...

My computer crashed earlier this week and Dell is getting it back up but I cannot sign into my account to get the solitaire pack back, it gives me an error message

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?

It is an XPS desk top

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No I have not done anything. I am still missing a lot of things. Dell is working with me to restore as much as possible but they insist it is Microsoft probably off line but my laptop is fine with microsoft. Can you tell me what to do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The computer crashed due to a power surge on Monday and I just thought maybe Dell did not load the app or something. I went on line and changed my password ***** when I go to the store on this computer it tells me the new password ***** put in is the wrong password. it will take the old password ***** then give me an error

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
9/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 8 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

What is the error message that it gives you?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Andy, Computer Consultant