Just got a call from some one telling me that my windows 10…

Customer Question
Just got a call...

Just got a call from some one telling me that my windows 10 had expired . what was it a scam or what

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

Dell Inspron(?) I will have to move the tower to get the modle #

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I can recal

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Something came up the other nite, didn't know what it was could not get a way from it,turn off the computer

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

Yes, this is a scam is that's going around right now where someone will call you and tell you that there's a problem with your computer. Sometimes they'll tell you that your Windows 10 has expired, but at other times they might tell you you have a virus on the computer, or the computer has been hacked, etc. These are ALL scams. Microsoft never contacts customers directly over the phone.

What you will want to do is simply ignore these calls. Windows does not "expire." Once you've purchase a Windows license it is valid for life. It never has to be renewed.

If you have any further questions on this, just let me know.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.