I have a message that the computer is corrupt. It is a Asus.

Customer Question
I have a message...

I have a message that the computer is corrupt.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

It is a Asus. the model number is *****

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

NO

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS IS A FAKE MESSAGE

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Where did you get this message from?

The message is from Microsoft edge

It maybe a spam message. Do you have any antivirus in your computer?

I still have to pay the fee

What fee? If you are getting a popup for remote support, you can ignore that

I will have to pay 39 dollars.
I am not sure I have antivirus service.
the service might have exspired

39$ might be for the remote support.

You don't need to pay for that.

You have already been charged for the question.

Also you need to a get an antivirus program to keep you safe from virus attacks.

Do I update window Defender

Yes, since you don't have an antivirus at the moment.

Hope you are satisfied with my service...

I would really appreciate if you give a rating for the service i provided..

You may click on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page to give the rating

Feel free to contact Just Answer for any future queries..

Thank You

I Updated this computer.
Do I forget this message from Microsoft edge.

Just ignore and close that.

And in future don't click on any popups that say that the computer is corrupt or infected.

I Can't cancel this message. They want me to call them.
the Phone number is(###) ###-####from microsoft

Thats not the no for Microsoft. Thats a spam message.

Is it okay if i remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly check and resolve the problem for you while you can watch me doing the same on your screen?

Do I hit the securely connect that is above this.
The message is not shutting down.

yes

Please download and run secure remote tool from below link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=43bf8802-2850-462e-b0af-27d86ea733bd

Procedure:

1: Click the above link

2: On the next page,Click the green button which says "I Agree"

3: Click "Download"

4: Double click program to run after download

arsufi2002
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist