I want to get rid of of some things that i thought i did get…

Customer Question
Hi i want to...

Hi i want to get rid of of some things that i thought i did get rid of. adapter realtec lan utility adapter it does not want to go away it was used for wi fi i have comcast internet now. also c\users\ron\ntusser.dat. also c:users\ron\music 272 wmab current database.

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular Comcast product?

Its not comcast its things that got in my computer and can not get to the place were there at and will not go away i can not delete them i did into my system and do not remember it was or i would have got rid of them.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No i was givin a window 7 disk and was told this will help you it was a wrong move its not a genuine disk and should have never put it in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to no what i can do to upgrade i can download updates now i can not fix drivers it will not let me in devices and can not trouble shoot problems. I think little by little due to not having a genuine disk this is all happening and can not find the code to put in it keeps telling me to put it in. i can not find were it is everything is a mess. i am on a fixed income and the only out is to up grade.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 11 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

The adapter is installed still, even though you do not use it it is still there, do you just want to disable it instead?

And why do you want to remove c\users\ron\ntusser.dat ? As this is a critical system file

Please let me know