We just bought a new Laptop with Windows 10 Home Single

Customer Question
Hi, we just bought...

Hi, we just bought a new Laptop with Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit , I need security and fire walls for protection and thinking of Microsoft security essentials, would you agree

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

HP Laptop 15-bs0xx, not sure about OS or where to check for that

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows updates is set to automatic, I updates HP Support Assistant

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Do not think so, PC security and protection against hacking and viruses my top priority now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

MS security essentials is a pretty basic program, combined with windows firewall its effective.

But its not top of the line. My recommendation is for zone alarm, its a very solid firewall and zone alarm extreme is solid. You can get it here, or use a free trial if you prefer to test it out

http://www.zonealarm.com/promotions/maximum/se/?utm_source=AdWords&utm_campaign=US_Search_EN_Brand_Exact&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D&utm_content=maximum_protection&cid=W300000&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs8njuKO41gIVAUSGCh2MkABEEAAYASAAEgIAuPD_BwE

If you have any further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Hi Dustin, thanks for this, which I appreciate. The secure page asked a donation of USD 5,00. But the amount reserved on my card is about USD46. I am not amused at all, it said refundable, I am not interested to continue if this is how payments will work

I didnt send the secure remote offer, but heres a briief explanation of our prices. First, 5$is just a deposit, it says clearly the full balance for written support will be charged when you receive a reply. Now, the initial charges only cover written support. If you want phone support or remote support there are additional fees on top of that. With that being said if I cant solve your issue, all fees are fully refundable.

If you wanted me to connect and fix your computer and install the antivirus and firewall personally, id be willing to do so for a 20$ fee payable after we get the programs installed. Or, you can use the written advice above and ask for further help if needed. I hope that explains things a bit better.

Thank you for your reply,
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)