UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network and System Administrator, IT Consultant
98676717

I have an HP Envy 5660 print, scan copy, photo. I finally

I have an HP Envy 5660 print, scan copy, photo. I finally got 4x6 pictures to print. I bought 5x7 paper. I cant see how to use the 5x7. Simple question, is the hp envy 5660 only capable of producing 4x6 pictures?
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I've had it for 9 months to a year. The manuel for it says it is a HP ENVY 5640/5660 e-all-in-one. The number It sold under was 5660.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC TOSHIBA
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have not gotten them to print until yesterday. I don't know how or where to load 5x7 paper and 8x10. There is a built in holder for 4x6 paper. how do I load and where do I load the 5x7 and 8x10 paper?
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com, I am Serge

I read your post about the photo printing issue on your Envy printer. I am happy to look into this issue for you

Going through your post, I see that you are trying to load the 5*7 photo paper on your Envy 5660 printer. You need to load the 5*7 in the main tray. Once you load the paper make sure to close the paper guides to hold the photo paper firmly on the tray.

Here are the detailed steps to print photos on your printer:

While feeding the photo paper to the photo, you need to keep “Glossy” or print side facing down. Also, it is important to change the print settings before you print a photo. Check the settings mentioned below:

1. Go to control panel - Devices and printers
  2. Right-click on your Envy and choose the "Printing preferences" option.
  3. Now, go to paper quality / layout tab and make sure the paper type is selected as "Photo paper".
  4. Also, select the correct paper size and save the settings.

Now, follow the steps mentioned to print the photo:

• Open the picture using “Windows Photo Viewer” (You can right-click on the image and go to “Open with” to select the windows photo viewer app)
  • Change the paper size appropriately.
  • Also, change the paper type to “photo paper” before printing.

You can check detailed instructions here: http://hp.care/2enTQLv

Please let me know whether that works for you or you need further assistance. Thank you!