I haven't been able to use my skype on my mac computer for…

Customer Question
HI, I haven't been...

HI, I haven't been able to use my skype on my mac computer for over a year. Can you help so I can video and audio conference? Thanks, Jim

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

Macbook pro, OS X yosemite 10 10 5

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not recently, maybe 8 months ago and it seemed to confuse things even more

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just I want to be able to use skype for video calls and audio calls again. It seems to work on my mobile phone, but not my computer where I want to use it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
9/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast replied 10 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, Have you downloaded and installed Skype on your Mac please?

many times in the past. do you want me to do it again now?

What is happening when you attempt to download or to install ? Are you receiving any type of error message?

I put in my correct information for the credit card remote access, but it keeps saying it's not correctly updated. This is getting very frustrating.

Please Click on the following link : http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6b3a14c2-2f61-4c0b-94bb-e43ddadd26e7&Type=Java

and click "I agree" button to Join the remote session, then a remote file will be downloaded.

Open and run the remote file from your downloads (press CTRL + J to open up the Downloads window).

it didn't work, a box came up saying my computer will only accept apps related to my app store
  1. In the finder locate the app

Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.

2. Press the Control key, then click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.

3. Click Open.

if you're having trouble with the remote file or the link i sent you, you can click on the link below and download TeamViewer, install it then send me you ID and password.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac/

Do not close teamviewer

Thank you

Do you still need help please? can you try to donwnload and install Skype from : https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-mac/