I received a call fromas microsoft system support and they…

Customer Question
I received a call...

I received a call from(###) ###-####as microsoft system support and they cheated me out of $300.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

Dell Window 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

What does that have to do with what I am talking about?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 11 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

That is a very common scam that the scammer criminals use. These people will call you, masquerading as Microsoft Techs, HP techs, or some other type of techs. They will then do their best to make you believe that you require their help in the way of remote support, customer support, software support, or something of the like. In the end, if you fall for it, you will be out hundreds of dollars.

I do see that they scammed you out of $300. If you gave the scammer any banking information, please contact your bank as soon as possible and report the scam so that they can block the payment to them. Also, you may wish to consider contacting your local authorities and reporting this crime, if any payment was made.

If you wish, I can remotely connect to your system and verify that you are safe from them getting back into your system.

Please, let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Rating me on the top of the page doesn't cost anything extra. Rating is how I am given credit. If you don't rate, doesn't give you a refund.

I would really appreciate it if, you could take a moment and rate me on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button on the top of this page.

Thank you,
***** *****

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com