I was alerted that my computer was hacked and to call

Customer Question
I was alerted that...

I was alerted that my computer was hacked and to call immediately this number: 1-***-***-****

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

HP notebook Microsoft pc

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I'm not sure, but my urgent problem is that I suddenly can't access email and got an alert supposedly from Microsoft that I've been hacked and to call the following number which I did not . 1-***-***-****. Is this legitimate?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 11 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

The number is ***** legit, it is a scam that people do to try to get you to call and pay money to install their program, which has nothing to do with this issue.

What happens when you try to access email?