Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I opened my computer to an alert saying my computer has the

Hi, Andy, I'm Vince. I opened my computer to an alert saying my computer has the Zeus virus. My Kaspersky just stop a dangerous URL. A phone # was given(###) ###-#### It said it was Microsoft Tech. Anyhow what do I do about this virus, and can you help ?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I'm not to keen on this stuff, so here goes, it is a Dell all in one desk top, and I use Comcast. I believe it is explore
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, but I had to replace my cable 3x just recently
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My Kaspersky ; APP. Microsoft Edge, URL; vast.bp3872417.btrll.com, Reason; Invalid name. It has stop this at least 8x

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake popup alert message. It is a scam, so please do not call that number, and do not follow any instruction in it.

Does the alert still pop up when you shut down / restart the computer? Or does it only pop up when you turn on the computer?

Is the Internet currently working on your computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please try the following fix:

1. Close all programs if possible.
  2. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for now.
  3. Shut down your computer.
    ; (Note: If it does not let you shut down your computer, then press and hold the Power on / off button on your computer for about 10 seconds, then it should power off.)
  4. Turn your computer back on.
  5. Open the Internet program on your computer.
    - It should display connection error or something similar.
  6. Close all the Internet pages / windows / tabs.
  7. Re-connect the power cord(s) to your internet modem / router device(s).
  8. Wait a few minutes.
  9. Open the Internet on your computer, and see if the issue is resolved now.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
internet is working. This was the first time I saw this popup. My Kaspersky has alerted me at least 8x. I have not done some of the directions in your list. I will try after tis session.

Thank you. Also, have tried to shut down / restarted the computer after this popup alert message first occurred? When did this issue first occur?

- Does the alert still pop up when you shut down / restart the computer? Or does it only pop up when you open the Internet?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I was just told my computer had an alert with a voice saying my computer is infected.

OK. You can try my 9-step solution above. Or if you'd like to, I can also connect remotely to your computer and fix this issue directly on your computer for you.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
This started after the first time my cable was cut. I have to be open on the internet.

You can try my 9-step solution above. Or if you'd like to, I can also connect remotely to your computer and fix this issue directly on your computer for you.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
No, but thanks. I will learn how to this on my own. I'm learning how to, on my first computer. I will try your list. Thank

You're welcome. OK, please try my solution below, then let me know the result later. Did you receive email messages from me (from Viet / JustAnswer) yet?

1. Close all programs if possible.
  3. Shut down your computer.
  4. Turn your computer back on.
  8. Wait a few minutes.

I will help further if there is still any issue. Please let me know. Thank you.