My husband has a Windows 10 operating system and when he…

Customer Question
My husband has a...

My husband has a Windows 10 operating system and when he logs into his computer when the picture screen comes up, it gives this message:

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

C:Windows\Twain-32\SG20\CNC\1787D.ds is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing program again or contact our system admin or the software vendor for support. Error status Oxc0000020

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Hidden windows: Cnqmmain.exe-bad image. Would you please tell me what we need to do to stop this message from appearing.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
9/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert replied 8 months ago
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** and I am a tech expert with 17 years of experience.

This usually comes from old printer/scanner drivers that are stuck in the system. Did you change your printer/scanner recently? Good news is: this can, of course, be fixed by manually removing the remains of these old drivers (which I could do remotely on your computer if you wish).

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** and I am a tech expert with 17 years of experience.This usually comes from old printer/scanner drivers that are stuck in the system. Did you change your printer/scanner recently? Good news is: this can, of course, be fixed by manually removing the remains of these old drivers (which I could do remotely on your computer if you wish).Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply. Thanks for your patience and best regards,Lorenz Vauck
Dear Client,I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** and I am a tech expert with 17 years of experience.This usually comes from old printer/scanner drivers that are stuck in the system. Did you change your printer/scanner recently? Good news is: this can, of course, be fixed by manually removing the remains of these old drivers (which I could do remotely on your computer if you wish).Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply. Thanks for your patience and best regards,Lorenz Vauck

Dear Client,

Can you please first let me know if you´ve recently changed your printer or scanner?

Lorenz Vauck

Andy, Computer Consultant