I just canceled my google fiber account and they are telling…

Customer Question
Hey I just canceled...

Hey I just canceled my google fiber account and they are telling me my home number, which I had before I singed up, is stuck attached to the google voice account

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

I just spent 20 min on the phone with google fiber and they did not know how to

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

To google?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Tech Support Specialist: Robert M., Consultant replied 10 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

yes that is a problem

What you will have to do is re activate the google account that still has the phone number hopefully

It is not really a google issue. It is the way you changed phone providers

whenever you want to port a number to a new provider of any type ( land line / voip / cell phone etc.)

you MUST make the new account with the new provider FIRST

then the new provider will take the phone number from your old provider if you give them the account number and the password ***** pin number

They can do it without that if you sign some forms but it will take a lot longer.

If you do it the other way around ( which seems logical) it will not work and you may lose the number forever.

As soon as you cancel an account with a phone number attached to it, that phone number is ***** longer yours. it goes back into the pool of available numbers

That is why you must always create a new account with the new provider and have them port your number from the old provider while you still have an active account with the old provider.