Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN
94743361

My samsung c480fw will not print on cardstock, it will start

my samsung c480fw will not print on cardstock, it will start to take the paper then stops and give error paper jam message
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Only 3 months old, I have "tricked" it before by taping cardstock to regular paper and it will go through. But one piece of cardstock alone will not. Tried one piece at time, through the mannual feed, still get the same message. Has always done this. I returned my first one for that reason. I take it back this one printed about to pieces and started the error message again
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing really has never taken cardstock
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Since purchased. It printed on cardstock once. and since then error report. I have taped cardstock to regular paper and it will go through with our error report, so I know it will take cardstock.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will do
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
next
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
finished

Ok thanks, ***** ***** back up now please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
done

Try it now

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
paper jam

Okay how old is it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
only 3 months

As you've already done the reset it sounds like a hardware issue, it would be cheaper for you to return it FREE of charge. It's under full warranty.
I can get prices for various different parts but you're looking at around $300 as these units are no longer "in-life"
Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credit with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay, thank you.