I have a new phone and jobulator lists the new openings for…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new phone and jobulator lists the new openings for substitution but it does not give me a chime or bell notice that it is being posted. Why am I not getting the chime because I am missing most of my opportunities to work.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

I have an HP computer but I need to get the chimes on my phone, which is an LG .

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No-this is a new phone, and my last two phones both gave me the chime notification

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
OK, you should first go to the Jobulator app, then go to the bottom of the phone's screen where there is a 'hammer and wrench' icon, and top on that to get to Settings.

Then in Settings, enable the 'Sounds' setting.

If that is enabled already, then the phone itself might need settings changed in the Android OS Settings. Does the phone make sounds at all? I ask in case it is Muted, or perhaps has defective parts.

If the Sounds setting in Jobulator is enabled, but the phone doesn't make those notification sounds, then you will need to check in the main Settings of the phone, where it has Sounds, or Notification settings, and make sure those are allowed by the phone.

Let me know how it goes, and I will advise you further as needed.