My gmail account will not work. the pop up I get is my

Customer Question
My gmail account will...

My gmail account will not work. the pop up I get is my e-mail address is not available.***@******.*** I've had this address for several years and now I cannot receive or send any e-mail. Dennis Stine

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

It stopped working 2 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Three weeks ago I installed a program PCmatic said to due to a reoccurring popup that said microsoft needed me to contact them; but the popup was a scam.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes what happened to make my gmail account stop working. Also I did try this on line but it would not accept my gmail account and I have a different phone number.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer
9/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Martin, Network Engineer replied 9 months ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Gmail account.

After the popup you mentioned, did you have someone asking you to let them access your computer?

Regards,

After the pop up I contacted PC matic first due to it being odd. They gave me the address to contact to stop the issue.

Do you usually type your password ***** log into your email or is it logged in automatically?

It logs in automatically through outlook 2013

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly?

If you want to connect me directly for no extra cost that will be fine.

I can't set it to 0 but I can set it lower for you

I have already agreed to the amount to get this far. I have already paid for this service.

I cannot see what amounts you pay and not - the initial amount is for a textual conversation which we're having here. We can continue here if you like. The reason I offered remote is because there may not be a clear way to get this resolved without a lot of trial and error.

What happens when you open Outlook and try to check your email now?

I get pop ups saying my gmail address is not valid. I can see my old e-mails but not any new ones come through and I cannot send any out. Keep in mind I've had this account for several years. No I cannot remember the year or the month I acquired my account.

You mentioned it logs in automatically with Outlook 2013

Does it still login automatically?

I do have to click on the Icon for mail in the tool bar. But after that yes it is connected unless I turn it off.

Oh ok, so you still have access via Outlook, you just need to know the password?

I don't know! when I did try to enter my gmail address and password, it would stop me and say my address was incorrect. ***@******.***

The address does exist - you may be entering the wrong password

This is easy to say. I have tried it several times. If I need to change my password ***** youcan do it. Make it Natasha11.

I cannot change it for you but I can help you recover the password ***** your computer if you like

oh boy, I have tried this through gmail and questions asked go back years. I have moved a few times as well as changed phone numbers so I could not recover my password ***** google. Thus I am talking to you.

I understand - the password ***** be save in your computer's registry though, and I can recover it for you that way

for another charge over and above what I agreed to you can do something for me.

Via this chat I can only recommend the online options which are to use the password ***** form you just mentioned you've tried without success.

Since this is not working what is the easiest way to recover my cost thus far and got off of the monthly premium I had to agree to.. get this far.
Andy, Computer Consultant