I have a new acer monitor and it will not hold the screen…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new acer monitor and it will not hold the screen image.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Acer? And what operating system are you running?

G227HQL/G237HL/G247HYL

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

It is an entirely new monitor for me....i am on a mac with a operating system of Sierra

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

In the directions that came with the new monitor it says I need to out into a AC outlet on the wall...not possible in my office....I use a power bar

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
By 'not holding the screen image,' what problem precisely do you mean, please?

Let me see if I an describe.I turn on the monitor....the blue light is on....and I proceed to type an email or something else and within a minute
or less sometimes the screen so black....the screen will not stay open and functional

The screen goes black, in short.

Did the previous monitor have a problem? or is this a new system?

but some days, as on Monday or Tuesday this week.....I worked on it all day and it was fine.
I would like to see if we can find out the problem with an extra $52.00
oops....without an additional $52.00 charge.
I am on my laptop writing to you

"Without" extra or additional charge, understood. OK... Did the previous monitor have a problem? or is this a new system?

this is a new monitor....just installed last week, but not a new system.

OK... it sounds - if the new monitor's problem was not matched by the previous monitor's problem - as if the monitor were defective. If so, and on that assumption, you should pack it up and return it to the vendor or store at once, informing them before doing that, the monitor they sold you is defective, and you want an exchange (or a refund, if you prefer that) for a fully working monitor.

Does this answer your question? or would you rather check screen saver settings on the computer just in case that's it and they changed somehow ?

I can't get into screen saver settings......because the monitor will not stay on for me to see
what I am supposed to do.....could it have something to do with the power source.
The instructions call for an AC outlet but I am using a power bar as my office set-up
will not allow a direct AC connection.

That's an interesting thought. But, what would be wrong with the power bar outlet?

Try plugging the monitor into a different outlet on the power bar?

I did but it does last a little while longer but does not allow me to
retain an active screen.

If it lasts longer on a different power source but still fails, then both of those details mean, pretty plainly, "Defective Monitor", I would say.

Also if you have another monitor to try on this system, that would be a good way of making sure of this diagnosis.

Do you need further help or advice?

no....thank you.........bye

If you would, before you go, please rate my answer - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the work I have done. Thank you, ***** ***** exchanged / new monitor will be good, I hope.