I put magic into my computer to use, but no response! I have…

Customer Question
I put magic jack...

I put magic jack into my computer to use, but no response!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And how long have you been using magicJack?

I have not used for a few years.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just bought computer last week.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
9/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 11 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Since your computer is new I am assuming that it is most likely running the Windows 10 operating system.

To force the computer to recognize the magic jack, right click the Windows Start button and click the Search box and type Device Manager in the Search box then click the Device Manager icon that appears. Then in the Device Manager window, scroll down the list of devices to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers category, plug the magic jack into an open port on the computer, then right click on the Universal Serial Bus Controllers category and click Scan for Hardware Changes. The computer should then scan and find the magic jack and the magic jack software should start and appear on the screen a few moments later.

If that procedure still does not resolve the issue, power down the computer with the magic jack still plugged into the computer, wait a few minutes, then power up the computer and Windows 10 should find the magic jack and the magic jack software should start running.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.