Don't use my laptop currently, just discovered several

Don't use my laptop...

Don't use my laptop currently, just discovered several hotmail emails in the Outbox UNSENT, ~are my settings entered incorrectly?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?

Probably 2 wks or more~stupidly haven't noticed that the emails hadn't been sent. Old & not too swoft.:-/

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Don't think so just on my iOS 6 ph that the 11 is out today, but haven't installed yet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No unless U think so

9/20/2017
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Have you tried to send any new emails today just to test it?

that's how I discovered the issue

Okay, and did those emails stall in the sent or outbox as well?

The one I tried to send today is in the outbox where I saw all 7 others. Didn't look in Sent I don't think?

That's okay. What email program are you using?

is all this going to charge me $47 plus $39?!

Did you request Premium Service?

Hotmail, but server is Comcast
I did PayPal first cuz it 'went' there but saw the $39 after ~didn't choose avything for THAT, I hope

Okay good. You should only pay what your initial offer was.

Do you have your hotmail window open now?

OK~but DID think it said $5
Or is that what's refunded? So SO sorry I'm so duncy

Not to worry, it is kind of confusing. The $5 is what they consider a good faith deposit.

Dan, do I just wait for a ph call now?

No as I will assist you here through the chat service. Do you have your hotmail window open now?

Would it help if I opened it on my iPad?

No that probably would make it even more confusing.

do I go through settings to get to where U need me or just click on the email?

Yes please.

Which? Settings or the email icon?

Click on the little icon that looks like a gear.

If I lose U Dan PLEASE CALL

I'll be right here.

after gear I click on Mail?

Yes then down to accounts and click on POP and IMAP

Cripes! Please be patient while I find that

Take your time.

Having a prob finding those~I don't go to iCloud, do I?
Dang~is all that stuff found after I click on Settings?
Haven't seen it before ~got to where it said Hotmail is my default acct

Try this. From your browser, go to hotmail.com and login to your account from there. Let me know when you get there.

Are you on a PC or MAC?

Remember I don't use my PC, I'm on my iPh 6 Plus.
I'm into my email acct now on my phone, it says***@******.*** in the address bar. Sending this on my iPad
The inbox etc doesn't look as I remember it looks

Oh wow! My apologies as I misread your question. I will need to find another expert in the MAC category that can assist you. Please be patient while your question is reviewed.

MAC? Is that cuz my phone is a 6Plus? I'm a Windows PC person!
Josh, Support Specialist

Which device do you need help with?

Well, I've only used my 6Plus smart phone and my iPad for over 2 yrs. Afraid to open my PC cuz of not keeping up with updates. My email with hotmail has been working fine on both my devices until 2 was ago or so

Okay, so the issue is happening on the iPhone and iPad or just one of them?

That's 2 Wes ago. Have bad arthritis so use one finger to type~very slow.
Issue is on both, but will look on iPad right now

Yes, please let me know if it happens on the iPad too.

WOW~wish U could 'log' into my phone! I can't even get Hotmail to come up~only choices are Comcast, iCloud and Mailboxes. A warning just popped that says:
Cannot get Mail
The user name or password ***** 'comcast' is incorrect and beliw that you click on OK or Settings.
A question I have, Dan. I DO send emails from my iPad now & then so if the Hotmail email doesn't work for an email wouldn't it automatically go to the next one which is Comcast or Cloud?
I can't even find the outbox to see if those emails went out on my iPad. Frankly, guess I've got a royal mess here!

It sounds like Comcast email inbox is the issue and not the Hotmail account.

Hey, didn't notice you're not Dan, Josh til right now. Comcast told me awhile ago it had to be Hotmail to help me cuz that's what I use for email. :-/ Could U verify the correct way to enter the Outlook settings on my devices for email?

The error message that you are seeing on your device is for a Comcast account that you added at some point.

Do you use your Comcast account on your iPhone/iPad?

Just saw on iPad accts that there are 2 Comcast ' accts', for email but one is turned off Is that why I keep getting the warning?

looking on iPad & it's IMAP and have the IMAP Hotmail acct too
I think maybe I can get to the same on my phone~will try.
Tell me what to do
Crazy~can't get to ANYTHING that says IMAP after I reach Outlook on my ph.
Just wants my email address then under that Description, under that Advanced, I click that and no place for IMAP or POP or anything but a place re' SM/MSM and where to put deleted emails~archive or Delete
Can we put the correct Outlook settings in my iPad?

Have you tried deleting all of the accounts on your devices then adding them back?

I would, but don't know if the settings I have in here are wrong or not

We can find out when you add them back -- Please delete them all out and we can start over.

When U say ALL, do U mean iCloud too as well as Outlook and Comcast?

No, you can leave the iCloud account.

Just noticed that under the SMTP Outgoing OUTLOOK acct , where you're supposed to put 'other' SMTP Outgoing settings, they're all grayed out
Ok , shall get rid of those now.

Let me know how it goes

Josh, I'm not too keen on losing all my Notes & data which happens when/if I delete the accts. , but doing it.
It's done

Great.

Go into Settings then Mail then Accounts then Add Account

Add back the account now

I lied~ got the iPad done but phone says it'll delete my calendar! I'm going to have to look at the bloody calendar

Let me know when you are finished

OK, Outlook acct is now entered into my phone. What now? Do I have to go to bloody Comcast to get that one?

Do you use Comcast email on your phone?

Haven't been, I just go to My Acct. But don't U need to put in a secondary email or is iCloud 'it'?
You don't need a secondary email
Fine~now, on my iPad when I put the Outlook acct in when it activated it's now in TWO spots (?)
Plus, could U please tell me if I'm supposed to click the S/MIME button to ON.
No, you can leave that off.
Poor Josh, Know U are sick of me , but I'm confused Before all this in my Comcast acct I had oodles of Folders , like my Orders/receipts & other important stuff in other folders. So where would they be now? Do I have to activate etc.a Comcast email acct to access them?

You will need to add the Comcast email account now

Josh, I just got brave & looked on phone AND iPad and the Xfinity/Comcast folders are all still there and even have my 'stuff' inside each one. So what do you think? Can I forget about doing the Comcast email thing or do it to be safe~like if I were to begin writing an email from 'there' and then click to send it, wouldn't it go out via Outlook?

No, you have to set the default one to pick one which that it chooses to send from.

Oh, and I noticed that now iCloud is the default~really don't want it that way do I?
So now are U gonna this old lady to Comcast, bless your heart?

Go into Settings then Mail then scroll down to the bottom

Where it says Default Account -- Make sure it is the account that you want to use

Outlook is only choice other than iCloud.
So is just Outlook enough? Plus, in that case I won't be able to initiate an email from Comcast like I always have done, right?

No, you will need to add the Comcast account back using the same steps that you used for the Outlook account.

I didn't see Xfinity/Comcast listed as a choice~unless you must enter it under 'Other'. I'll go there now. Boy, this whole deal has been nerve wrecking on me..probably not U~well maybe so, U don't often get tech dummies like me I HOPE!

Yes, use the OTHER option and enter your account information

Question? Do I go to ***** or
Add macOS Server Account?
Both devices are iOS

Add Mail Account

Have my iPhone handled~will do iPad in a few.
what's the scoop on the 7 day trial for tech service? Is that what I paid Paypal the $47 for? It whizzed by too fast for me to read about it.
Wonder if U could instruct me how to delete unused empty Folders in the Outlook email?

This is a paid service.

Service for how *****, *****?
Not that U haven't done $47 worth service TONIGHT cuz U certainly have!

This is a one-time service and you can sign up for monthly subscriptions -- I do not have access to any type of payment information as a technician.

are we done then, nice technician?I thank you so very much, especially for your patience! It can't be much fun dealing with the tech challenged elderly., so Blessings to you, Josh. Sincerely, Katie

You're so welcome, Katie!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Josh, Support Specialist
You're worth more than 5 stars, Josh, however I shall continue following your lead as I say Bye Bye. Hope I get U should I get myself in a pickle again!❣️❣️����