I wanted to know if it's a legit. That my computer has been…

Customer Question
I wanted to know...

I wanted to know if it's a legit. That my computer has been compromised and that I need to call(###) ###-####8499 so that they could help me or that all my information would be hacked again. So i would like to confirm it through you. Because they coned me good last time saying it was you guys informing me when they stole all my information 2 weeks ago,. I would also like to know what is the best source to prevent anyone from hacking my computer.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Micro soft 7 and its a dell optiflex 380.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just how can I prevent this from happening or any one from hacking my computer.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake message; it is a scam, so please do not call that number and do not follow any instruction in it.

Does message still pop up when you shut down / restart the computer? Or does this issue only pop up when you open the Internet? etc.?

Is the Internet currently working on your computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

The popup message issue usually occurs when you accidentally click on a bad website link or advertisement or a bad email attachment. As long as you do not follow any instruction in it, then your computer is not affected.

- If it does not let you close the popup message, then please try the following fix:

1. Close all programs if possible.
  2. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for now.
  3. Shut down your computer.
    ; (Note: If it does not let you shut down your computer, then press and hold the Power on / off button on your computer for about 10 seconds, then it should power off.)
  4. Turn your computer back on.
  5. Open the Internet program on your computer.
    - It should display connection error or something similar.
  6. Close all the Internet pages / windows / tabs.
  7. Re-connect the power cord(s) to your internet modem / router device(s).
  8. Wait a few minutes.
  9. Open the Internet on your computer, and check. See if the popup message is gone now.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

To avoid getting bad popup messages, be careful with clicking on things on the Internet or email. Sometimes you can accidentally click on a bad website, ad, etc., but you can use my solution above, and it should resolve the issue.

- Please always ignore any message (or phone call) that you do not know or that you are not expecting. For more information about this kind of scams, please click on the website below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

- Is your computer working fine now?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,